When I made the blue dress for Lilly, I was so excited to give it to her. "Look Lilly, mommy made you a dress!" Her response? "I want a pink one." Thus, the second dress. I get no respect!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Learning to sew
My amazingly talented friend Cristie is teaching me to sew. The extent of my knowledge was throw pillows and baby blankets. Now I'm learning a whole new world! I have only learned to make a couple of things so far, so I get a little obsessed and start to make duplicates of everything. I can't wait to learn more, I definitely have the sewing bug right now! Here are some pics of some of the things I have made (I didn't make any of the shirts, though. They are store bought. Maybe some day.....):








When I made the blue dress for Lilly, I was so excited to give it to her. "Look Lilly, mommy made you a dress!" Her response? "I want a pink one." Thus, the second dress. I get no respect!
When I made the blue dress for Lilly, I was so excited to give it to her. "Look Lilly, mommy made you a dress!" Her response? "I want a pink one." Thus, the second dress. I get no respect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! I love the pink one. We tried to go to JoAnns yesterday in Rocklin and the cutting line was 2 hours long and the checkout was 1 hour longs. Thus, we bought nothing. At least she tried on the blue dress. Summer probably would not have. I redid Summers dress with the T-Shirt top and she LOVED it and gave me a big hug. Makes it all worth it!
Cristie
Cool!!! You have reason to be proud of yourself!!
I'm envious though, I wish I was a creative person :-D!
Oh my gosh Monika, are you kidding me??? Have you seen your awesome photography, party ideas, taste in clothing, ETC, ETC???? Nice try!
Mhhh, so maybe I have creative eyes but not hands?? :-D
Oh wow! What beautiful sewing! You are amazing. Now I have something to strive for :) BTW is it warm there because it's COLD here!
Post a Comment