Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shenandoah Wine Country

Pauls parents came up with a super fantastic Christmas present for David & Rachel and Paul & I. They told us on Thanksgiving that they were going to send us on a scavenger hunt, and they they were going to watch the kids while we went. That was all they would tell us. We had 8 seperate envelopes, 2 for each stop we were to make. One for the directions on how to get there, and one with what we were supposed to do when we got there. Such a fun idea!
As it turned out, we were being sent out to the Shenandoah wine country. As you can see from the pictures I was (once again) sick, and looking mighty scroungy. I wasn't expecting to be at wineries! Too bad they all had to be seen with me, but I made an excellent designated driver because I was so stuffed up I couldn't taste a thing. Not so great for wine TASTING........
As I mentioned before, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fall. The trip out to the Shenandoah Valley was so beautiful!!! The colors were amazing. I was in heaven.
On the way home we got a little lost, and all of the locals that we asked directions from only told us to "take a left at Butt Sparks". Every single one of them! What the heck is Butt Sparks? To this day, I do not know, but we did eventually make it home despite the crazy talk in them parts.
It was a wonderful day of childless beauty, wine, food, and company. I think that their gift was priceless and perfect.




We all know that I need to have a sideways picture right about now.



5 comments:

The Coopers said...

Yep. Way, way cool.

dkamfam said...

What an awesome gift! Thanks for sharing. You got some great photos. Glad you had fun.

Monika said...

What a great gift! Beautiful pictures, as always :-)!

Sharon said...

I'm gonna stalk you now...

What a fun thoughtful gift!

And lovely pictures!

jeramy sossaman said...

what a fantastic idea for a present! kudos to paul's folks.