I look forward to the pumpkin patch every year. Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. For the past 3 years we have gone to the "Family Fun Farm Days" and always have a great time learning about our local farms and agriculture. I know this sounds old lady and lame, but it's one of my favorite events of the year. This year was a little bit different for us. Paul was out of town for his work, so I took the kids myself (with a fever!). I was going no matter what. Because I wasn't feeling that great, I only took the kids to one farm, my favorite, Ericson Ranch. I can't say enough about how much I love that place, and visit throughout the year.
One of the special things they were doing for the day was making cute little headbands for the little girls. They got to go out to the dahlia gardens and pick whatever flowers they wanted, and they make little headbands with the flowers. Lilly thought she was a past member of "Barbie and the Rockers" and INSISTED on wearing her headband like this:
The finished product:
They also had face painting. Sam told me he NEEDED a shark:
We also went on a tractor ride. While we were out, we stopped and saw a HUGE Buck. His antlers were enormous! I guess he is a legend in those parts, and they were thrilled to finally catch a glimpse of him.
The kids picked out their pumpkins, as well. They let you go out and pick your own from the field, but the kiddos DID NOT want to go out there because it was "too hot!" Only in California is it "too hot" to go out and pick your own pumpkin at the end of October! Of course, with my fever, I DID NOT complain. They just picked out some lovely already cut pumpkins, and mommy picked some flowers.
We had a lot of fun! It is so fun to have family traditions. I love seeing the kids' wonder and excitement. I already can't wait for next year. And I'll start asking God now for that crisp autumn air and healthy bodies!
That really was a cute picture, when it wasn't sideways. Curse you Blogger!
And finally, the goods:
Here's to getting Halloween done before May!
2 comments:
I don't know about Erikson Ranch. Do I need to know about this place?? It sounds like I need to know. Throughout the year?
Do tell. I'm always looking for little field trip places for my kiddos. Great pictures - don't worry about the sideways, I needed some exercise today.
Your dearest sewing buddy,
CB
Great photos! What a fun trip. Love the shark and the flowers! We miss you!
Post a Comment