Saturday, November 1, 2008

October

October has been quite a busy month! Unfortunately, most of the fun stuff never made it onto the blog. I really need to figure out a way to make my picture files smaller, because it takes a lot of time to go in one by one and change them. If you have any suggestions, let me know! I thought I'd try to recap a few of the things that we did over the month.

First, Pauls work had a family night. It was a lot of fun for the kids. There were carnival games, a cake walk, arts and crafts, dinner, and the Solano County Sheriffs. They brought their horses, vehicles, and a big giant boat for the kids to look at. Lilly liked the horses, but she would NOT touch them!


























We've also had a lot of time hanging out with friends. We had to say TWO sad goodbyes this month. Two of the couples from our small group have been reassigned to different airbases. Within a years time we've had 4 families we love move away. I'm starting to have a complex!!!!! Here's Lilly with a couple of her little friends.






After going to the library one day, the kids asked if they could go see the ducks. Lilly thinks that they are hilarious. They were sleeping when we came, so I snapped a few shots.Why are some of these picture sideways, you ask? Because Blogger hates me.




















Sam had crazy hair night at Awana. I think the pictures speak for themselves.



Lilly. of course, did not want to be left out.


Well, I'm getting REALLY REALLY frustrated with the sideways pictures, so I'm going to stop for now. I'll post the pumpkin patch, Halloween, etc. another time. Preferably not when I'm going to throw my computer out of the window.

4 comments:

Jcbaron99 said...

Great pictures Laura! Love the crazy hair. You need to blow up and frame the hands photo. Love that type of stuff!
For your pictures, are they showing up as sideways in documents when you choose them for upload? If so, try right clicking on the photo (in the little windows document) and choose rotate. Than hit select. This was happening to me too even though I was editing them in another program, they were still getting saved in documents crooked.
P.S. we have the extra books and your soda. I will try to bring it Wed. unless I see you before then.

Laura said...

Dude! They look perfectly normal until they are uploaded. The funny thing is, I took the pictures UNsideways, and blogger is turning them sideways for no good reason! Ahhh! Would you be up for sewing tomorrow? I need a new project!

Monika said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I'm a sucker for b&w pics, so those two are my faves.

Sorry you had to say goodbye to your friends. I know how that goes...

Mhh... no clue why your pictures are uploading sideways. And I never have to resize my pics and they are rather large. I always upload all the pictures before I start writing... otherwise I have formatting problems... like long emptiness between pics and such.

Ok, I'll stop rambling now :-).

Laura said...

Thanks!!!!