Halloween was the same and yet different this year. I learned a couple of REALLY important lessons along the way.
The first lesson I learned was to not wait until it's time to go trick-or-treating to have your kid try on his costume. Too tight you say? Too late! My poor son wore his slightly too small costume throughout the whole evening. What a sport! He's still handsome as heck though, if you ask me!




The second lesson I learned was to not let your 2 year old sleep until the last minute. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this..... There were tears, shrieks, tears, sobs, and more tears. Even the beloved Cinderella dress became enemy #1. We were not off to a good start!


Lesson number 3: Brothers are AWESOME! Nothing could make Lilly smile. Not her beautiful dress, sparkly shoes, nor the promises of grandparents and lots and lots of CANDY! But, like a knight in shining armour came SAM!!! Nothing says happiness like poking your brother repeatedly in the eye. Three cheers for SAM!!!



From there, Halloween was back on track. We always start at my parents house to begin loading up on candy. My mom takes us around the neighborhood to see the people we know. Then we head off to church for the Harvest Festival. Good times, good times.




Hopefully my pain can help you in your future Halloweens! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
Trick Or Treat!!!!!
1 comment:
Hey, I always post way after the fact, it seems. No worries. Just glad to see the photos! So glad Sam could save the day :)
Post a Comment