Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Burglars Stink

Well, as some of you may have heard, our garage was burglarized last Wednesday. When we woke up, the garage door was open and lots of our stuff was gone. Paul lost three of his guitars, all of our tools and toolboxes were gone, and so was a bunch of other stuff. Paul had taken the garbage out the night before and kept having a weird feeling about the garage door. He kept looking out and checking to make sure that he had closed it. The last time he checked was around 1:30 am. So, we knew we hadn't left it open. The police said that people will drive around with 5 or 6 garage door openers and see if any doors will open on the same frequency. Creepy, huh? Always keep your car doors locked, even if they are in your garage! Luckily, they didn't get into my car or the house, because those doors were locked. They did get into Pauls car, though. You know the weirdest things that they took? Pauls Bible and his worship CD's. And my old stinky soccer stuff. Weird. I think that the hardest part of it (besides being violated) was that it scared my kids. There were a few days of crying about the "bad guy in our garage". THAT made me want to take a screwdriver to the guys head. "Things" are just that, things. Most of it can be replaced. I can't however replace my kids sense of security. And that makes me really sad. That said, I am very grateful. Especially grateful that they didn't get into the house. And that my family was safe. Not a hair was touched on any of our heads. That makes me so grateful. I know that God is watching out for us, and over us. And once again, just to emphasise it, I am grateful.

2 comments:

jeramy sossaman said...

oh wow! i am so sorry. your words are incredibly poignant in the midst of something so scary. i am glad that you guys were safe too.

Aimee said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Laura! Way to have the right perspective on everything, though. That's cool. Glad you are all ok!