Sunday, June 21, 2009

Healdsburg

Ok, this post is REALLY obnoxious. I want to write a lot AND show you lots of pictures. I usually try to keep it short and sweet, but this time I just can't do it! So sorry if this takes you forever to get through.

Paul and I weren't able to do anything for our 10th anniversary last year. So this year, we decided we would make sure to celebrate. 11 years together, and we still haven't killed each other! We decided to stay in Healdsburg, because we had never really explored the area, and because there are a lot of wineries out there. They specialize in Zin's out there, which are my favorite! Pauls parents were awesome and stayed at the house with the kids. I originally thought we were just going for one night, but Paul surprised me and secretly booked a second night. MAJOR brownie points! :)

It was a wonderful 3 days. The one bummer was that Paul was having tummy trouble, so he couldn't wine taste. He still came along with me and hung out with me as I tasted. What a guy! It was a very relaxing time other than that. We L-O-V-E-D the hotel that we stayed at. It was right on the plaza so we could walk to everything. I got breakfast in bed one morning, and each night they had wine and appetizers upstairs.

I already want to go back. Maybe next year???????





This was this crazy uprooted tree that Paul spotted on the way there. Those are the roots!





Wine tasting. Yummmmmmm......





The view out of one of the tasting rooms.









Relaxing. Not wine tasting.













Don't you just want to sit here?







At Bella Vineyards you can taste in one of their caves. Or not taste in Pauls case.














The views were amazing. It is so beautiful there!





A water lily for my Lilly.





Me and my honey.






Checking on the kids.














New grapes!





Breakfast in bed!!!!!













Our room. I loved this place!



Thanks for hanging in there! It was a long one!

2 comments:

Jcbaron99 said...

I want to go!!!

The Coopers said...

That looks so much nicer than Florida swamps...PC