I do really miss Crescent. I think I'm having a harder time switching schools than Sam
is! I miss all of my friends that I've made over the last 3 years. Between PEP, PTA, Site Council, and just plain being a neurotic mother, I got to know a lot of people. Luckily, I still see some of my mommy friends at least once a week. They haven't gotten rid of me yet! We try to keep getting the kids together, too, so Sam won't be too left out or anything.
Our big event for Lilly is that she got her first haircut. First, I took her to my hairstylist Peter, but he was too nervous that she would move her head or something. So, I took her to where we got Sam's first haircut when he was a wee little one. It's a great place in Vacaville that caters to kids. They were great with Lilly. She started off with a lot of tears. By the end of it, she sat calmly with a lollipop and let the lady cut her hair. I must admit that I got a little teary-eyed! It is so hard for me to see my babies growing up! The haircut brought out Lilly's curls a little more. I love it!
As for Paul, he went under the knife! Last Friday he had a vasectomy. Unless the GOOD LORD says otherwise, we will not be having anymore children. He was kind enough to take one for the team! Thanks Paul!!!!!! (I won't be posting any pictures for this event :))
And for me, the dreaded day finally came. I turned 30. It hurts to even write it! I had a FANTASTIC birthday, though. Paul planned a super fabulous surprise party. One of the highlights was a slideshow that was put together with pictures of me and my family since before I was born. A great gal from Pauls work put it all together, and my dad, Kat, Monika, and Paul contributed pictures for it. He also made a game with questions about me. I believe Amy got the highest score, because my mom was disqualified. Poor Amy has spent a little too much time with me! The party had a 70's disco theme, and Paul and Sam wore some awesome afros. There was also a time of sharing. People felt the need to share some wonderful memories of me embarrassing them, embarrassing myself, or just plain ticking them off. I could feel the love!!! It was so great to hang out with family and friends. Paul got extra, extra, extra brownie points for that one!
He also conspired with my friend Melissa who, did I mention, is the bestest in the whole wide world? I was KIDNAPPED by this crazy woman and our friend Maria on the day of the party. They blindfolded me, dressed me, and shoved me into a car. I was forced to drink Starbucks on the way to an unknown destination. I was then forced to endure a manicure, pedicure, and a massage chair. They proceeded to re-blindfold me, shove me back into the car, and took me home. They then RE-DRESSED me, curled my hair, RE-BLINDFOLDED me, and RE-stuck me in the car. They then brought me to my surprise party, which did I happen to mention before, was awesome? This was not the end of the torture, my friends. After the party, I was told that I was being ripped away from my family. I was taken back to my home (blindfolded, of course) where an overnight bag was packed. I was again shoved blindfolded into the car again and ended up in Glen Cove at Melissa's, carsick. This was just trickery. It's wasn't our true destination. So, you guessed it, back into the car. I was driven to Emeryville where I was forced to eat P.F. Changs. It was just awful. Back to the car. I was then forcefully against my will taken to San Francisco, where we drove up to the Hilton. These kidnappers had arranged a hideout where they would keep me overnight. They did allow me out after midnight, where I was allowed to celebrate my birthday at an Irish Pub with a girly cider. The next morning was just as horrible. I had to go to the cheesecake factory, and get my revenge.(the last time I went there, I was so pregnant and sick, I could only eat plain pasta noodles) All and all, it was a terrible experience, one which I will never forget.
Well, that is the latest news and happenings around here. Thanks for coming by.Be sure to check back once in a while and see if anything has been added. Knowing me, I won't promise much!
3 comments:
Hey Laura! Welcome to blogland. We have a blog too - how I keep my family and friends updated since most are far away. I look forward to checking in on you guys!
Cristie B
I love your blog, and the "kidnapping" story, and how "horrible" your birthday was! What great friends, and a great hubby to plan a suprise party for you! I'm glad you had a fabulous b-day! You have a beautiful family!
Love ya!
Miranda, Ray, Aziza, and baby in tummy
SO good to see your blog! Dan & I miss you & Paul & the kids so much.
Cannot believe how much Sam has changed since we last saw him! They're both beautiful...
As for turning 30, it is a ROUGH one I'm still processing through at 32. Not because I don't feel so young - sometimes I feel like I have more energy than ever. But it's a massive milestone and a real signifier of how very fast life passes so it's been hard for me to come to terms with even now.
But your party looked fabulous - LOVE those 'fros!
Much love,
Gin
www.ginmiller.blogspot.com
Post a Comment